The Cleaner 2011 7.3.0.3604

rotjong

Reviewing 6.0.0.2000 (May 1, 2009)

I downloaded and installed this new release after checking the website. It appears the developer has seen the error of his ways. I don't know if sales plummeted or what but we are back to there being a FREE version or a single payment 19.95 USD 1 year license with NO monthly fee for definitions or whatnot. I'm not yet sure what the differences are between the free and licensed versions. While the definition updates are still large (~20 MB) the engine scanning speed is fast as I remember it being in the past. A smart scan has also been re-introduced. Once upon a time I used the registered version back around v3 and v4 but with the licensing of v5 I just used the freeware version and hated it.

TC 2010 v6 appears handy, once again. The downside is a smartscan yielded CmdLineExt03.dll being considered suspicious when it is connected to SecuROM and deleting it would be a bad thing.

For now I'll be giving the software a 3 while I continue testing. If I like it as much as I used to then I will begin using it again. The 3 is for the re-introducing the smart scan, changing the licensing back to being within the realm of sanity, and cleaning up the GUI which became very ugly over time. I'm impressed so far. If things pan out and my continued experiments show it truly has improved then I will raise my rating. I don't wish to jump the gun and throw out a 4 or a 5 without fully testing.

I began using The Cleaner back around 1997. It's truly good to see this product heading in the right direction again.


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.