Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs for Windows 2.56

DudeBoyz

Reviewing 2.53 (Oct 28, 2010)

This new version, 253 (or v6215 in the DXDIAG screen) seems to work as well as 252 (v6194) did, but for some reason it seems like 240 (v6013) worked the best so far. I'll do more detailed testing and post back if I find anything of note.

It is frustrating that when you install a new version over an existing installation, it doesn't remember all of your EQ settings. I have to re-enter the custom EQ settings into the registry and then load those settings manually again each time I upgrade. I wish that wasn't necessary.

UPDATE: I've done some more detailed testing and am finding that any of the 2.5x series seem to be less stable than earlier releases on my particular system, which has a GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard. After all of the testing I've been doing and re-doing, it appears that version 2.40 gives me the most stable, consistent performance, so I'm sticking with that. I wonder what they did wrong in later versions?


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.