Fortres 101 6.5 Build 2222

OK_IT

Reviewing 6.0 Build 2019 (Oct 26, 2010)

This software has a HUGE hole in it. All you have to do is hold down the WINDOWS + F key combination for longer periods of time (~30 seconds).

This issue has been known since 2001/2002 and they reported it fixed. I purchased the software in early 2010 and believed the software secure. Then I started having issues on my production floor being reported and discovered that the same issue remained.

When I reported it to Fortres Grand Technical support they told me they would get back to me with a fix. I pursued a solution all the way to the VP of Marketing (Patty Grobe) and in the end, she told me that it would be as long as two weeks before a possible patch would be possible, because her developers were at a conference. I explained to her that my company was heavily impacted as the word was spread on how to bypass Fortress 101, but she only apologized.

I would not recommend this software, nor the company.
1. Because the problem is reoccurring and they cannot be depended upon to not let it happen again (assuming they fix it again).
2. The company is not responsive to helping its customers (not a priority)

Version: 6.5, build 2207, installed on Windows XP SP3

From: Patty Grobe [mailto:patty@fortresgrand.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:29 AM
To: Paul
Subject: RE: Fortres 101 bypass Patch

Hi Paul,

I am terribly sorry for the huge inconvenience. I certainly understand your frustration.

The timing is bad. Our developers are all out this week for a Microsoft developers conference. I did speak with the lead Fortres 101 developer. He said the fix you need is his first priority when he returns next week.

I am confident the fix will be available soon. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Patty Grobe
Fortres Grand Corporation
PO Box 888
Plymouth, IN 46563
Ph: 800-331-0372
Fx: 800-882-4381
www.FortresGrand.com


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.