ChromePlus 1.5.2.0 Alpha 1

golfingdude

Reviewing 1.4.2.0 (Nov 9, 2010)

Some reviews are just plain stupid. This is not spyware, if you did a complete reinstall, well, says something about your ability to give a competent review. I was using this, than read Google Chrome 7.0 had security and flash upgrades so went back. That did not last to long as even the standalone download took over 100 mbs of disk space. No big deal in today's computing world where 250gig hard drives are only on the medium size for a hard drive. But if you are using an older machine with less than 100gigs, 100mbs is a lot. My download was 102gigs before add-ins or even using the browser. That is more than twice as much FireFox, Opera, IE 8. My question is why the heck is Google Chrome so bloated and with what???? ChromePlus is a cool browser, I have read AdBlocker is rendering very slow but I haven't really noticed. Being Chromium based though it is still lagging once you start to open tabs. Firefox though slower to start up will flat out fly by Chrome when the tabs start to be opened. Still if you have Firefox and wanted another browser based on something besides Gecko, this is a great choice. Opera is a good one also but no matter how much I have tried, I just can't gear into the interface and user intensive involvement to have a browser that looks and performs like it should. Besides the lack of quality add-ins for safe browsing and effective ad blocking are a serious omission that limit Opera. Security questions raised about ChromePlus? Well practice the safe browsing lessons you have all probably read and you should be cool. Only say should, because name any piece of software you can positively say is crack or hack proof. I should say that Opera does claim to have adblocking functionality as well as site rating built in. This could be, I couldn't get the handle on the ad blocking program. Though I didn't read all the help and stuff, since I just wanted to surf not learn programming. And call me paranoid, but I prefer third party security tools as opposed to those that come pre-bundled within a browser or OS.


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.