Quamachi 0.5.0

war593122

Reviewing 0.3.0 (Dec 24, 2008)

Please provide a deb. file and I'm sure some people will then gladly play with it..

Update: O.K I see you do, then why not make this download be the .deb file at:

http://code.google.com/p/quamachi/downloads/list

Tried on Ubuntu 8.10 but I get this error at startup:

Error: The required 'kdesu' executable file could not be found. See 'Doc/INSTALL.txt' for more info.

Along with a few others. Seems more work than I can handle on Christmas eve.

Anyhow, I noticed if you have the "Approve all new members manually" option enabled on a network you can not connect and get this error:

Error: Could not join the network.
Message: Joining war59312 .. failed, [255]

Oddly I can connect to my network just fine now but it appears that I'm off-line.

Update: ok i right clicked on network name and choose connect and now online.. But I cant even ping between two computers on the same real lan. :(

Also, noticed its icon is missing from the applications menu, should point to:

/usr/share/apps/Quamachi/Source/Images/apps/Quamachi.png

Update Again: Whoooo, up and running. :D

See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=135036

But had to use: sudo chmod 777 /var/run/tuncfg.sock

then it works :)


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.